If you are unable to upgrade vRealize Log Insight from the user interface, or if the upgrade on a primary node or middle worker node is interrupted, the upgrade for the rest of the cluster will be hang and will need to be continued manually via the command line.
To upgrade vRealize Log Insight to the preferred version via the command line, please complete the following steps.
- Download the vRealize Log Insight upgrade PAK file from VMware Downloads.
- Copy the upgrade PAK file to the /tmp directory on the target vRealize Log Insight node using an SCP utility.
- Log into the target vRealize Log Insight node as root via SSH or Console, pressing ALT+F1 in a Console to log in.
- Run the following command to upgrade the vRealize Log Insight node:
Continue reading “How to Manually Upgrade vRealize Log Insight via Command Line”
Unlock Admin Account
- SSH to your vRLI appliance (primary node if it’s a cluster), as the root user
First, check if the Local user account is locked
# We need to get the Cassandra DB credentials and login
root@VRLI [ ~ ]# /usr/lib/loginsight/application/lib/apache-cassandra-*/bin/credentials-look-up
# The output will look something like this
<cassandra-user value=”lisuper” />
<cassandra-password value=”mozospf0+O” /> Continue reading “vRealize Log Insight – How to reset and unlock the local admin password”
vRLI deletes old buckets when available space on the /storage/core partition is less than 3%. Deletion is done using a FIFO model. This partition should never reach 100% because vRLI manages that partition.
But in some cases the if the storage/core has already reached 100% will take the node offline.
When you check the file system free space, you see content similar to:
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda3 16G 2.4G 13G 16% /
udev 7.9G 112K 7.9G 1% /dev
tmpfs 7.9G 648K 7.9G 1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda1 128M 38M 84M 31% /boot
/dev/mapper/data-var 20G 7.3G 12G 39% /storage/var
/dev/mapper/data-core 483G 483G 0 100% /storage/core Continue reading “vRealize Log Insight /storage/core partition is 100% on nodes causing cassandra DB failing to start”
To enable secure inter-node communication (SSL for Thrift), set the value of secure-rpc to true in the vRealize Log Insight configuration.
- Navigate to https://loginsight_address/internal/config in your Web browser, and check the Show all settings checkbox.
Note: Replace loginsight_address with the IP or FQDN of your vRealize Log Insight Primary node.
- Under the security section, set the value of secure-rpc to true.
Example: <secure-rpc value=”true” />
- Click Save.
- Reboot all nodes in the vRealize Log Insight cluster.
Note: You can preform a guest shutdown on all nodes in the vCenter UI or issue the reboot command to each node via console or SSH.
Query performance of vRealize Log Insight may degrade while under average or low load.
Corrupted data buckets in the inventory of vRealize Log Insight can cause slow querying.
To Improve performance, remove the corrupted buckets from the vRealize Log Insight inventory.
To identifying and remove corrupted buckets from the inventory, use one of these options:
Continue reading “Improve Query performance by removing corrupted buckets in vRealize Log Insight”