If you are unable to upgrade vRealize Log Insight from the user interface, or if the upgrade on a primary node or middle worker node is interrupted, the upgrade for the rest of the cluster will be hang and will need to be continued manually via the command line.
To upgrade vRealize Log Insight to the preferred version via the command line, please complete the following steps.
- Download the vRealize Log Insight upgrade PAK file from VMware Downloads.
- Copy the upgrade PAK file to the /tmp directory on the target vRealize Log Insight node using an SCP utility.
- Log into the target vRealize Log Insight node as root via SSH or Console, pressing ALT+F1 in a Console to log in.
- Run the following command to upgrade the vRealize Log Insight node:
Note: Replace pak_file with the actual name of the file you downloaded.
Example: /usr/lib/loginsight/application/sbin/loginsight-pak-upgrade.py /tmp/VMware-vRealize-Log-Insight-8.3.0-17494646.pak
- Wait for the upgrade to complete.
- Repeat steps 1-5 on any other nodes in the vRealize Log Insight cluster that need to be upgraded via the command line.